Sunday, March 17, 2013

Changes to my Classroom Spring 2013 (March)

Changes to my Classroom: Spring 2013



Now: Days of the Week at center, birthday poster to the side of the white board. 
The space where the blank faces are is reserved for decorations pertaining to current material we're covering and enrichment activities. I will explain the blank faces later.


Decorations from our new preschool curriculum "PLAYTIME" by Oxford University Press.
They came on flimsy, uninspiring and hard to fit to my classroom posters so I cut them up to suit my room and laminated the pieces. 


More Playtime items visible to the right of the Days of the Week poster. we have a weather wheel from something else, but the numbers look really nice and I have shapes and weather too. Counting has become part of our routine. 



BEFORE 
Gross old dry erase poster, days of the week poster was too close to the bookshelf and this became a problem in my larger classes, old posters which hadn't been changed out for a while which I rarely used in the lessons, and didn't seem to engage the kids well to begin with. Overall the decorations have become much more functional to the lessons and are making a marked difference for me in engaging my students of all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment